Rosemary Nissen-Wade


Rosemary Nissen-Wade
poetry blog's url: http://passionatecrone.blogspot.com/
pbr url: http://poetryblogrankings.com/members/poet_home.aspx?pun=RosemaryNW





Strengths:

Inspirational, to say the least. Reminiscent of the good ol' Wonder Years sitcom, to say the most. I felt like I was allowed to read her diary that I knew eventually would lead me to the back cover, where I would very cliché-like find my name instead, realizing the whole thing had been about me. The language was clear, and she touched on subjects that could abstractly appeal to most.



Weaknesses:

When I said it was like reading a diary, it felt like I was actually reading a diary at times, instead of a poem. Every so often, the smoothness of the piece was replaced with “what she wanted to say” (a noble pursuit, but didn’t work for me). While she did write about a myriad of situations, the themes weren’t as diverse as they could have been simply because each poem basically led to the same common denominator… Life. As beautifully a thing as that is, I’m not sure it would lend itself to a diverse array of readers.





Rating (1-10): 8





Overall Analysis:

Overall, reading through her poetry was a great experience. I would’ve liked to see a list of her favorite poems that she’s written, but it was nice to settle for a list of her favorite poets as well as lists of her favorite sites, all in an effort to altruistically promote and spread inspiration. She may “only” write about Life, but really… what else is there?